This Xfinity remote is very helpful for controlling your TV and AV receiver just like a sound bar or another audio device. If you are using the Xfinity X1 service, then you can also pair Xfinity remote with your TV box, allowing yourself to control the device even when it is not with you. Now, use the instructions given here to perform a hassle-free Xfinity Remote Setup.
Tip: You can find the model at the back of the remote or under the battery compartment.
How to Program Your Remote on Xfinity X1- Xfinity Remote Setup
If you are using Xfinity X1 service and the X1 Voice Remote, then just press the microphone button then say “Program remote”. But for the users who do not have a voice remote, can check out the steps given below.
- From your remote control, please press the A button
- Then select Remote Setup for your Xfinity Remote Setup
- Now you have to follow the on-screen instructions
You may also like: Belkin Setup, HP Printer Setup
Xfinity Remote Setup Using Online Code Lookup Tool
Visit online Remote Code Lookup tool and select the Xfinity remote that you have and then click continue. Follow the programming instructions provided to proceed with the Xfinity Remote Setup process. But in case you don’t find your code, then please do as listed below.
For remotes that have the setup button
- Turn on your TV first
- Press the TV button on your remote
- Until you see the TV button flashes twice, please hold the setup button
- Enter 9-9-1 for the TV button to flash twice
- You can also press 1 and the TV button would flash for twice
- Now, press the power button and then press the CH+ button multiple times until you see the TV is turning off
- Just when the TV turns off, press the Setup button to lock the code
For remotes that do not have the setup button:
- Firstly, turn on your TV
- Secondly, press and hold the ‘i’ button (info button) and Xfinity and button on your remote
- Wait until the LED light on your remote turns green from red
- After that, you need to enter a three-digit code on your screen
- You are all set now.
But in case you encounter any problem, you can reset your remote by holding down the A and D buttons for the long until you see the LED light is turning green from red. Then your TV will enter into the Xfinity Remote Setup mode where you need to enter 9-8-1 and follow the instructions I have already mentioned in the section above.
Use Your Xfinity Remote with the Xfinity My Account App
- Download, install and open the Xfinity My Account App from your Android or Apple device
- Then tap on the TV icon and go to the relevant TV Box. Click Setup a remote
- Then swipe to find the remote control model that you need to program after that, click Continue
- Select TV or Audio/Other and then follow the instructions on-screen.
For more information about pairing and using the X1 Voice Remote and Xfinity Remote Setup, please go for the comment box below.