Xbox Controllers have made every gameplay easier. You don’t have to control your video games over mouse clicks and keyboard anymore, you can set up the controller with your Windows PC and enjoy its benefits. People oftentimes face difficulties while trying to set up the controller with their computer. In that case, you can follow these simple instructions. Let’s learn how to install Xbox Controller Driver on PC.
You can install Xbox controller on your Windows OS versions such as Windows 7, 8, and Windows 10. All you require is a USB port, a controller and its drivers.
Reasons: Xbox Controller Driver on PC Installation Errors
Many users report that they face some common problems with their controller. Some of the most common issues you come across are as below-
- Xbox One Controller won’t connect to your PC
- You lack the Xbox One controller PC driver
- Unable to install Xbox controller driver Windows 10 Windows 7
In case you are having these troubles, you can check out the below sections for the best possible answers.
How to Setup Xbox Controller on Your PC?
We have included some instructions according to the versions of your Windows. Check out our other posts for Easy Methods on jailbreaking and more.
Xbox Controller Driver for Windows 10 and Windows 8
Here you can get two easy methods for the set up of the controller driver for Windows 10, and 8 OS.
Use Xbox Accessories App
You can easily download and update Xbox drivers for your Windows 10 and 8 PC using this app. Just download the app and install it on your computer to automatically update controller drivers.
Use Windows Update
If you are not interested in using this app, you can set up the controller by downloading its drivers from Windows updates. Just follow the steps below to know how to perform the task.
- First, connect the controller with your PC with the help of the USB port
- Wait while Windows automatically detect the hardware changes
- Windows will now search for the drivers through Windows update
- When it finds the drivers, it will ask you to download and install them
Your controller is ready for some gaming actions on your PC now. If you are a Windows 7 user, check the following section.
Xbox Controller Driver for Windows 7
Here are some simple steps for Windows 7 users, you can perform these if your controller comes with an installation CD/DVD:
- Insert the CD/DVD into your computer’s DVD drive
- Browse for the CD or DVD in my computer on your Windows PC and double-click on the CD to run the setup automatically
- If the auto setup doesn’t run, open the CD directory
- Find the Setup program with .exe extension
- Double-click on it and the installation wizard will pop-up
Follow the on-screen instructions and the setup will be completed easily. But if you don’t have an installation CD, perform the following:
- Visit the Xbox driver’s official webpage
- Go to the Software & Drivers section from the main page and select Windows 7 from dropdown menu
- Click on the available link to start downloading the driver installer file
- then, simply open the folder where you have downloaded the file
- Locate the .exe extension and Double-click it
Now you should follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and can enjoy your favorite video games with the Xbox Controller Driver on PC. If you are searching for any further information, just ask us in the comment box below.