Among the line of issues users encounter, Windows Update Error 80070103 is quite common. Microsoft Windows comes in handy with its advanced features and specifications. However, you might come across some technical glitches over time. If you are getting error code 80070103, probably you are facing an update failure. Regardless of the version you are using such as Vista, 7, 8, 10, this problem can trouble you more often. If you are stuck with this issue, then this article can be your savior.
What Is Windows Update Error 80070103?
When you try to perform an update or install something and a message saying “there were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later” flashes on your computer’s screen, it is error 80070103. If you met with this error and try to fix it on your own, you have to detect the reason at first.
Accordingly, there are multiple factors capable of causing this issue. It can occur due to a corrupted Windows update database. Also, it can happen when you register a required system file incorrectly. Further, when the Background Intelligent Transfer Service or BTIS fails to receive a content link header, this error can pop up. Finally, this problem can result from previously failed updates and antivirus software.
You may also read: Windows 7 Product Key
How To Fix Windows Update Error 80070103
Once you figure out the reason behind the issue, you can start the troubleshooting procedure. Usually, troubleshooting methods like reboot and stopping services through cmd can eliminate this error. However, there are times when these common tricks fail. In that case, you can use the following hacks to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Restoration Of Windows Update Repository
Error 80070103 primarily results from update related issues. Therefore, restoration of all corrupted or missing repositories can be of help. So, download a tool convenient for you to perform a scan. Launch it and begin the procedure. Once you are done with the scanning, restore necessary files to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Run A SFC Scan
You can scan all the protected system files along with replacing the corrupted ones with SFC command.
- To run system file checker utility, click on the start button.
- In the search box, type “command”. Then press Ctrl + shift and tap enter.
- Now click on “yes” and type “SFC or Scannow”.
- Once the scan is complete, your damaged files will be repaired. Reboot your device to end the procedure.
Method 3: Edit Registry
Changing Windows registry can resolve Windows update error 80070103.
- In order to edit the Windows registry, press Windows Key + R together. This will open the Run dialogue.
- Once you find the Run dialogue, type “regedit” and hit the enter button.
- After this, you have to press Windows Key and R together again. Then, type “notepad” and select OK to continue.
- Once you are done with it, go to Save as from Files option and save this as wufix.reg on your device. In this context, you have to set file types to All Files while saving.
- Finally, run wufix.reg files. You have to agree to prompts and this error will be fixed. Restart your computer and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Anyway, Guys! That’s it from our end. If you still find some issue you can let us know through the comment box here. For other problems with your Windows Operating System, we are ready to help you.