If you are trying to update your Windows OS, you obviously need a Windows 8 Product Key. Whether free or a purchased one, without a proper activation key, you won’t be able to update your operating system. Here we are going to discuss how to get the free product key to complete the updating process.
Windows 8 comes with a pack of advanced features, better than the Windows previous version anyways. Some of its best features include easy gestures, live tiles, a lock screen, and system-wide search etc. Because of these features, some users still prefer this version of Windows. So, if you are looking to install this version of Windows, go ahead and read the other sections.
Windows 8 Product Key- Brief Details
A Windows activation key contains 25 characters and Microsoft uses this for two reasons:
- The product key lets Microsoft verify the copy of Windows
- The key is required to activate your copy of Windows after the verification.
You can find your Windows activation key from any of the following locations (depends on the purchase of your Windows OS.)
- You can find the product key inside your Microsoft Windows DVD purchased and the product key will look like this XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- If you make an online purchase of the Windows product, the activation key will be right away sent in your email address. So check your email to find the Windows 8 Product Key.
- If you have bought a PC with Windows 8 pre-installed, you can ask the manufacturer for the original key.
- Also, you can find a free Windows 8 Product Key to activate your Windows OS
What to Do If the Windows 8 Product Key is Lost?
If you are unable to find the Windows 8 serial key or have lost it somehow, here are the ways to retrieve it:
- Contact the Microsoft customer support and provide details of your purchase to get your serial key
- Contact the PC manufacturer and provide them the hardware information to receive the product key
- You can use an activation key finder app
A product key finder will search for the Windows registry and find the appropriate product key for you. If you are not sure about how the key finder works, here are some relevant information:
- Find a key finder app which doesn’t contain malware or something the like
- Use Belarc Magic, Jelly Bean Key Finder, Lazesoft Open Source Key Finder which are reliable to use
- Install the tool on your computer by following the on-screen prompts
- Now run the application and follow the instructions display on-screen to find your activation key
That’s all you need to do to find your activation key in minutes.
The List of Free Windows 8 Product Key- New and 100% Working
When you search for a free Windows 8 Product Key, the results might not satisfy your expectation. The reason is that someone else has already used the activation key. Microsoft will not activate your Windows if someone else had already used that on as many systems as possible.
Even if you find a product key on the internet, it will only allow you to install the OS on your system and you won’t be able to activate the copy of Windows.
Plus, if you are not comfortable in purchasing the product key right away, or want to try out the Windows version before purchasing one, you can check out these free product keys. You don’t have to worry if these keys are legal or not. Microsoft has provided these keys for the testing purpose, so these won’t harm you by any means.
It takes a lot of time and efforts to find a working Windows 8 Product Key, so if none of these work for you, you can come back later to find some newly updated lists. You can solve other related issues easily as we deliver fixes for all Windows Error.
Windows 8 Product Key- 32 bit
Windows 8 Product Key- 64 bit
These Windows 8 Product Keys will surely work, but if not, please come back again. We update our database regularly to avoid these kinds of potential errors.