With some allure features Windows Operating System has millions of users across the globe. But when it comes to the latest version of Windows is, it always stays in the news for its never-ending errors and glitches. System Thread Exception Not Handled – BSOD error is one of the most abhorred issues that Windows 10 users face. Are you facing the same and looking for solutions? Then, your tiring search is going to end here.
The System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen of Death is a common Windows error that occurs when there is something wrong with your computer. It means that your computer is frozen or shut down and needs a restart. The problem mainly arises on the Windows 10 operating system and in some cases on Windows 8 & 8.1 as well.
Here we have some fixes for you. You can easily apply these resolutions and resolve the System Thread Exception Not Handled error in no time.
The error appears when the graphics card driver is outdated. You need to update the driver to its newer version. However, other factors like damaged hard drives, corrupted drivers, BIOS corruptions, corrupted Windows system files or missing Windows registry entries can also cause this error.
Also Read: MB to GB, Bad Pool Header
Fortunately, we have figured out some ways you can resolve the error. Check them out below.
How to fix System Thread Exception Not Handled error?
Several ways are there for fixing the issue. We have mentioned the effective ones below. Have a look.
Uninstall the Graphics Card Driver
According to some Windows 8 users, the system_thread_exception_not_handled error happens so frequently. So, I will guide you through ways to reach safe mode from your Windows 8 computer and uninstall graphics card driver to solve the problem.
- Press and hold the Shift key to restart your computer, and press the F8 key a few times. Then you will see the recovery screen where you need to click See advanced repair options
- To access the troubleshoot screen, press the F8 key or use a System Repair pen drive (or a DVD)
- Click Troubleshoot then Advanced options, after that, click on Windows Startup Settings. Next, click on the Restart button
- After when your computer is restarted, it will be displayed an Advanced Boot Options screen
- Here you can select Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, or the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option.
- You need to select Safe Mode to be able to access to your Windows Computer.
- After opening your computer, go to Device Manager in order to uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next, restart your computer
- Download the latest version of the graphics card driver from the official website
- Then you have to install all those drivers on your PC
If this method does not solve the problem, please follow the next one.
Repair corrupted system files in Windows OS
Any corrupted Windows files on your system can cause many errors. Follow these steps to fix them:
- Press Windows key + X and press A
- In the box, type CHKDSK C: /F /R
- Hit Enter
- Type Y and hit Enter.
- Reboot your computer.
Your computer will verify the corrupted Windows files if there is any. It might take a while, but please don’t turn off the system during the process.
You should be able to fix the System Thread Exception Not Handled blue screen error by completing these methods. However, if you still need help, please tell us in the comment box below. Lastly, don’t forget to share your thoughts about the post. Your word of appreciation matters for us!