If you are having Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver issue on your Windows 7 computer, you are unable to access to the internet. You will see a yellow mark on this device in the Device Manager section. To fix this issue, you may try to update the driver. I have included two methods that will help you to fix the problem. You can try both of them until the issue is gone.
Method One- Uninstall and Reinstall the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver
The yellow mark next to the device’s icon indicates that the driver is not being installed properly. Or perhaps, the driver is missing. In this case, you can uninstall the driver and reinstall a new driver. Now uninstall the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver by following these steps:
- Press Win+R together to open the Run box
- Type in devmgmt.msc in the Run box and click OK to open Device manager dialogue box
- Then right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller option and select Uninstall.
- Then confirm the uninstall
- Check the Delete the driver software for this device option next
- Click OK
To to the Action option from the top menu bar and select the Scan for hardware changes option from the drop-down menu then the Windows will find and install a new driver
Now please check if you can access the internet. In case you are still having a problem, please move to the next solution.
Also read: WPS Button,Windows 10 Update Assistant
Method Two- Update the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver
If the above-mentioned method does not help you, you can try to update the driver. If you are unable to access to the network due to driver issues, you can use Driver Easy Offline Scan Feature to download and install a new network driver; this will automatically recognize your system and find the right driver
Diver easy will do the driver updating process automatically on your system. You don’t have to know what system your computer is running. So, no need to worry about downloading and installing the wrong drivers.
Driver easy comes with free and pro versions. And the pro version takes only a few clicks to do the updating process. Also, you will get full support and 30-days money back guarantee with the Driver easy pro version.
- Download and install Driver Easy
- The application and click Scan now
- This will scan your computer and detect any problems with the driver
- Next, click Update next to the Realtek PCIe driver option to automatically download the proper version of this driver; you can also manually install it
- Open Update all to download and install the right versions of all drivers that are missing or not updated in your device
- This requires the pro version of Driver Easy. A prompt box will appear to update the driver when you click Update All.
You can perform these methods to resolve the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller problem in your Windows 7. But in case you still need help regarding the same, please tell us in the comment box below.