We all know Quicken is one of the best accounting tools. It is used globally for bookkeeping purpose. You can track your finances with Quicken accounting software. Despite numerous fantastic features, it has some drawbacks. A single technical error is enough to stop your work. Our Quicken support team has provided a guide here. Go through and know the common errors and glitches of Quicken.
We have crafted this Quicken support guideline with some major issues irrespective of its version. Along with that, we have provided some steps on creating your Quicken ID for the first time. If you are a newbie and don’t how to get yourself a Quicken ID then this will help you as well. So without wasting another minute check it out. If you found anything similar try out the solutions.
Common Quicken Errors
Talking about Quicken Errors, there is a long list of issues that Quicken users face in the course of use. Here are the most common Quicken errors we are going to address,
- Quicken Error cc- 501
- Quicken Error OL-301-a
- An Unknown Error Occurred on Quicken
- Quicken Error cc- 503
- Error CC-892 on Quicken
- Quicken Error cc-502
Are you finding yourself familiar with one of the above errors? Well, go through the Quicken Support Guide to fix all those issues.
Fix Quicken Errors
There is a list of issues which are associated with Quicken Errors. The problem may arise due to the following reasons,
- Poor Internet Connection
- Corrupted System Files
- Wrong set of User Id and Password
- Problem with the Quicken user account
- Windows Administration Related Problem
- An outdated Quicken Data Base
So, these are the primary reasons because of which you might be facing one of the above-mentioned errors. As we have promised, here are the fixes you can try to troubleshoot Quicken Errors on your computer. Try your hands on other accounting software error solutions like Quickbooks and more.
Check your internet connections
A smooth internet connection is a primary thing you need to login to your Quicken account. So, whenever you face an unknown error on Quicken you need to check the internet connection first.
Troubleshoot your internet issues simply by reconnecting your computer with the internet. If that does not fix the problem simply restart your router and have a look. You can check whether your internet is running smoothly or not from your web browser. If you think the internet is not the reason behind this error you must proceed with the further fixes ahead.
Run Windows System File Checker
You can easily check if there is some alteration in the system files. Follow the simple steps below to run SFC /SCANNOW on your computer.
- At first, hit the Windows button on your Keyboard
- After that, type cmd and right click on the ‘Command Prompt’
- Then, from the drop-down menu select on Run as Administrator and, Click Yes
- Now, Type SFC /SCANNOW and press the Enter button to run the system file checker on your Windows computer
- After that wait a few minutes until the process gets completed
- Follow, the on-screen instructions to repair any issue with the system file
- Finally, Restart your PC
If there is a problem related to Windows System Files you can see it clearly in the report. Fix those system files and find yourself free from the frustrating Quicken Errors.
As we have said earlier you might have to face the error due to a problem with the Windows user account. Simply create another local user or administrator account and check if the problems get fixed or not.
Create a new Windows Administrator
Problem with the Windows Administrator can fuel into different issues on your Quicken accounting software. You can fix the problem by creating a new user account on your computer. Go with the following steps and create a new Windows User Account,
Firstly, create a local user account:
- At first press the Start button,
- Then select Settings from there go to Accounts
- Now Click on Family & other users in the next step click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Then at the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and at the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
Finally Enter a username, password, password hint, and then select Next.
To make this local user account an administrator account go further with the steps below:
- Press the Start button,
- Then select Settings from there go to Accounts
- Now Click on Family & other users
- There Click On Change Account Type
- Under the Account Type menu Click on Administrator and Select OK
- Finally, Restart your computer to save the changes.
How to create Quicken id – Quicken Support Guide
Go through the steps carefully to create Quicken Id:
- Firstly, visit the official Quicken website
- Then, hover the cursor of your touchpad on the Sign In option
- Now, Click on My Account
- In the new webpage Click on the Create Account tab
- Now Enter all the required details there:
- Your Email Address
- Phone number
- And create a password
- After entering the correct information select the Create Account option
- Now, you need to validate your Quicken account with the provided information.
- Then, you will get a 6 digit verification code through SMS
Note: If You want you can choose another option for verification. You can select verification through email or call instead of a text message.
- On the same screen at the bottom click on ‘Email me the code instead’ or ‘Call me with a code instead’
- Finally, enter the verification key at the right box and click on the validate button
Here you go! Your Quicken Id is being created. Now you can enjoy all the Quicken features and manage your business accounts with ease.
Anyway, Folks! These are the must-have fixes you need, to troubleshoot Quicken Errors. If you like our Quicken Support Guide you must let us know through the comment box below. Your word of appreciation really matters for us. If you have any other queries on Quicken you can post that in the comment section.