QuickBooks won’t open is one of the very common error that you can come across with it quite easily. However, it’s not impossible to resolve the issues. We assembled some of the very useful solutions for your help.
In order to carry out a successful business, all of us need to maintain our business accounts properly. Without a precise business record, it is not possible to attract the funding you need. Having Quickbooks installed, be it an entrepreneur or small business owners have taken a lot of benefit with this.
Despite having an extensive array of useful application users face different issues with this application. Anyway, let’s concentrate on what are the reasons behind these annoying issues.
Why Does QuickBooks Stopped Working?
There are various reasons which cause the problem with your QuickBooks desktop application. However, the following are the most common among them.
- Corrupted System Files
- The company file name is very large
- Your Operating system is outdated
- An Improper Installation of QuickBooks
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
How To Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
After knowing the reasons behind this annoying error it becomes easy to fix these issues. Go with the following troubleshooting steps here and get away from the problem.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Downloading and installing the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can save your QuickBooks Company File. If an improper installation is something that leads you into the problem this is the only solution you could try. Follow the steps below to run QuickBooks Repair Tool.
- At first, go to the official website of QuickBooks
- Now, locate the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Then, Click on the link you found and download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- In the next step save the file to the local Desktop when prompted.
- Now, Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
Note: It can take up to 20 mins to complete the whole process, though it mainly depends on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
Finally, Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
Close QBW32.exe Process
Problem not solved yet? Another solution you can try is to closing the QBW32.exe process and rebooting your computer. Go with the steps to close the program.
- Firstly, right-click the Windows taskbar and then select Start Task Manager.
- After that, Click the Processes tab and then click the Image Name header to sort the processes alphabetically.
- After that, locate and select QBW32.EXE and then click End Process. It will close the QBW32.exe process running on your computer.
- After successfully closing the program restart your computer and try to use QuickBooks again.
Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
Both the above-mentioned solutions are not enough to fix your QuickBooks won’t open issue? Then, the only option you left with is to try uninstalling QuickBooks from your computer and reinstalling. You can proceed with the steps for a clean installation of the QuickBooks.
Note: Before going with the uninstallation make sure you have the CD of QuickBooks installation file or else you have downloaded it from the Official website of Intuit. Once you have the installation file in your hand go through the steps,
- Firstly, Uninstall QuickBooks
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Then, Type in Control Panel, and select OK.
- Now, Select Programs and Features (If Control Panel is in Category View, choose the option Uninstall a Program.)
- Then, in the list of programs, select QuickBooks, and after that select Uninstall/Change.
- Finally, Follow all the prompts which come to your screen to complete the whole process.
After successfully uninstalling the QuickBooks from your computer now you need to install it back.
- Firstly insert the CD which contains the Installation Files
- Now, give your computer a few seconds to read the Disc
- Then, double-click on the disc icon
- Now you will be asked to enter the product key. Enter the product key properly.
- After that follow the onscreen instructions in the right order.
- Finally, after complete installation restart the computer and start using QuickBooks again
Here are all necessary troubleshooting steps that you will need to fix QuickBooks Won’t Open error. For any other queries, you can ask us here through the comment box. We will try to come with a solution for you.