Have you bumped into QuickBooks Error 80070057? Your tiring search for the solution ends here. On many occasions, users face errors and glitches with the QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 80070057 is one of the most annoying ones. Go through the article and find some easy fixes to your problems with the QuickBooks.
As an accounting software, QuickBooks helps us to manage our business accounting more easily and conveniently. Having an extensive range of software QuickBooks has built a large global user base. But at times an error like Error 80070057 just becomes obvious. And users get error messages like this,
‘80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect’
If the situation is the same with you as well then here is what causing you the problem.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 80070057?
There can be many reasons for which you might be facing the error. Well, the following are the most basic one,
- An issue with the QuickBooks’ Windows File Extension like .QBM, .QBB, or .QBX
- QuickBooks is not being able to read the company file
- Third-party firewall is blocking QuickBooks
- The file you are trying to work with is stored on some other drive
- You are trying to open a portable file without opening the QuickBooks
- QuickBooks is not installed properly
Beside the above mentioned, there can be some other issues also. However, these are some fundamental reasons behind the issues you are facing
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Before going into the solution let’s aware you of the fact that performing this steps needs good computing knowledge. If you have a clear idea of Windows System Files and some other advanced troubleshooting procedure only then you should go with the steps below. Or else, it will be better to take help from the experts. It is not necessary that everyone has to be an expert in every field. So, if you don’t feel confident enough to perform this steps at your own don’t hesitate. Just ping us once we take care of the issue you are facing.
However, if you are one of them who have a better computing knowledge here are the steps you can proceed with to fix the QuickBooks Error 80070057.
Verify The Company File Name Extension
- At first, Right-click on the company file
- Then Choose properties
- Now Click on the QuickBooks tab
- Then, take a note of the file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file
- Finally, click on OK
Problem with the filename extension? You must change the extension. Following steps will guide with that.
- Firstly, Create a new folder
- Then Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder
- After that, Right-click on the new folder and choose Rename
- Now, Change the file extension to .qbm
- Then, to save changes click anywhere
- Next, Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop
- If you are facing problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and Restore the Backup
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Now, Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy
- At first, open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop
- Then, Go to the “File” option, Right-click and select the New Folder
- Now, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it in a new folder
- Finally, open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder
Anyway, we are left with a very little word to say about QuickBooks Error 80070057. The troubleshooting steps will work on most of the occasions. If those methods do not work or you find it tough to proceed with those. Let us know here through the comment box mentioning your contact detail such as email id. We will get back to you.