Steps of Troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error 6210
For managing the bookkeeping, one accounting software suite that is considered important is QuickBooks. No matter how complicated your accounts are, it’ll get handled with ease by this software. But, there’s a fact that no one can ignore and that is the occurrence of technical errors. One of the frequently occurring errors is QuickBooks Error 6210 that is categorized as the installation error. This means you might encounter this during the installation of QuickBooks Desktop. Whenever this error will happen, the QuickBooks start working very sluggishly and slowly.
This was all about what is this error 6210. Now, let’s have a look at the reasons that cause this error to occur.
Reasons that cause to occur QuickBooks Error 6210
When we’re talking about the common reasons that give rise to this error, one thing that comes to the mind is accessing company file that is not a server. Apart from this, there are many other reasons that can let this error happen to you anytime while working on the QuickBooks. So, let’s check them out in a brief manner:
- If some features of QuickBooks Desktop or QB itself are not installed properly.
- It can also occur if your computer is infected with some virus problems. The computer infection can cause the deletion of some QuickBooks installation files.
- One of the most prominent causes is the Windows Firewall. This can sometimes prevent the software from establishing communication with workstations available in the network.
- If you’re getting error during the QB installation on the Windows then also there are chances of occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6210.
Pointers to be kept in mind during troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6210
Whenever you’re thinking to troubleshoot the issue of error 6210, you need to keep some important points in your mind. These are:
- Before troubleshooting the issue, go for updating the QB with the latest updates.
- Always make use of the multi-user mode in the QB desktop.
- If there’s any Windows firewall or third-party firewall then make sure to turn it off. You just do this before accessing the company file.
- Also, check if there’s any virus infection through a regular scan.
Signs that’ll get during QuickBooks Error 6210
The users might get confused about how to identify the error 6210. So, here’s a list of some signs that appears when 6210 happens:
- If the QuickBooks or the computer system gets completely crashed.
- The company file in QuickBooks is not opening.
- Windows is unresponsive
- If you’re getting a message of 6210 on your screen.
- Your computer is getting freeze for some time.
How to troubleshoot this QuickBooks Error 6210? If you’re encountering this glitch and want to get rid of it then you must go through these troubleshooting methods.
Troubleshooting method 1
- At first, go for clicking the start option on your computer and then mention ‘Command’ in the search bar. At this point, don’t press ENTER.
- Now, make sure to hold and press the CTRL+SHIFT together and then hit the ‘enter’
- Go to the permission box to make sure to select the ‘YES’ box.
- After this, you’ll get to see a black box along with a blinking cursor. After this, you just have to enter ‘Regedit’ and go for clicking the ENTER button.
- In the registry editor, just select the QuickBooks related key where you want to create a backup.
- In the next step, choose ‘export’ from the menu.
- Go to the save-in option and then select a folder for saving the QB back up key. After this, go to the file name box in order to fill the name for the backup file.
- Choose the option of ‘Selected Branch’ from the export range and then click Save.
- Make sure to save the file with an extension of ‘.reg file’. This’ll help in creating a QuickBooks registry entry backup.
Troubleshooting method 2
If the above solution doesn’t work for you for any reason then make sure to follow this one. This solution is all about reinstalling QuickBooks by making use of a Clean Install Tool. Let’s check out more about this:
- For this, create a backup of the QB data.
- Go for downloading the QB tool of Clean Install.
- Make sure that you’re making a double-click on the QuickBooks clean tool Utility.exe file that you have got from downloads.
- Hit continue after selecting the license agreement. Also, choose the QB version that you’re currently using.
After following these troubleshooting steps, you’ll get your problems of error 6210 to be fixed permanently.