Are you facing the QuickBooks Error 6123 while upgrading your company file to QuickBooks? Well, it is a common issue among QuickBooks users. The problem can happen when you try to open your company file from a server or a restore a backup. We are here to offer you the best resolution for your QuickBooks error -6123, 0. So, scroll through now. It’s worth checking out!
In the clan of accounting software, QuickBooks is distinctive since long. But after all, it is just another software application. Therefore, a bizarre error can happen anytime. Knowing what the reasons behind annoying QuickBooks error 6123 will help you to troubleshoot the issue. So, get a view of the causes for your QuickBooks error 6123.
What causes QuickBooks error 6123?
There are numerous reasons which fuel into the QuickBooks error 6123. Following are the primary reasons which give rise to the issues,
- Misconfigured firewall permissions
- Error while restoring a company file from an external storage device
- Your QuickBooks company file data is being damaged
- The network connection with the host server is disrupted
- Conflict with the McAfee security software
- QuickBooks company file is damaged
- Damaged Windows user account
How to solve QuickBooks error 6123?
Try the following resolution methods one by one to fix your QuickBooks error 6123.
Close all the process running
There can be some process running on your computer which is interfering with the QB. So, closing all other processes running can work as the best fix for your problem. Follow the steps below and check whether the problem gets fixed or not.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop app, firstly
- Now, open the Windows Task Manager from your computer(Press Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete to open the Task Manager)
- Then, go to the process tab and sort the list alphabetically
- Right-click on each of the following processes one by one and select End Task.
- After finishing the whole process try to reopen the QuickBooks Desktop again
Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor
If clearing the running process on your computer does not fix your issue then you need to run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the error. Follow the steps below to download and run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks file doctor
- Once the download gets completed, locate qbfd.exe file and double-click on it
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
- Then, as you are done with the installation of the QuickBooks file doctor it will get opened automatically
- If the software does not open automatically, look for the green icon of the QB File Doctor on the Windows taskbar and open it.
- Now, in the drop-down menu find your company file.
- If you can’t see any file in the list, you can locate the file manually. Click the browse button to continue.
- Then, select the right troubleshooting option. In your case, it is ‘Repair damage file’.
- Now, as you see the prompt enter your Admin password for your company file and click the next button
- After that select the right Host/ Server or Workstation
- Now click,
- Yes: If you are using the QB File Doctor on a computer which is hosting the company file
- No: If you are running QB File Doctor on your Workstation which is not hosting the company file
- Wait until the diagnosing process gets completed
- Finally, once the process gets completed close the file doctor and try to open your QB company file and check whether the issue gets resolved or not.
Still facing the QuickBooks error 6123? No need to worry! We have some other fixes as well. Follow Hp setup help for other immediate troubleshooting help and guidance.
Create and restore a portable copy (.qbm)
If you are facing the QuickBooks error -6123, 0 at the time of restoring a backup of your company file on a new computer then you must try to create and restore a portable copy (.qbm). Follow the steps below to do so,
- At first, open the QuickBooks Desktop application on the computer you have used to create the backup company file
- Now, open the original company file
- Next, create a portable company file,
- Navigate to the file menu and click on the option Create Copy
- Then, select Portable company file, and then click on next
- Now choose the location where you want to save the portable copy
- Finally, select save and ok
- After creating the backup Open, the QuickBooks Desktop app from the other computer
- Now, here you need to Restore the company file using the portable copy,
- From the file menu, click on ‘Open or Restore Company’
- Then, select ‘Restore a portable file’ option and select ‘Next’ after that
- Now choose the portable copy (.qbm), then select open
- Go through the ‘Where do you want to restore the file?’ page and select Next
- Select the location where you want to restore the portable file
- Finally, click on Save to complete the process
If you have the version 16.0.14 of McAfee antivirus installed on your PC then the QuickBooks error – 6123, 0 is mandatory. One of the .DLL files of the QuickBooks company file gets scanned repeatedly in a loophole of McAfee. This repetitive scanning gives rise to the error. Anyway, you can fix this issue by following the solution below.
Update McAfee Antivirus
The problem has been solved with the recent build of the McAfee. So, updating the software will fix the issue. Follow the steps below to update your McAfee software,
- At first, open your McAfee Antivirus software
- Now, click on the My info tab there
- Next, select About and navigate through the VirusScan section
- Now make sure the version and build numbers of the McAfee software installed on your PC are same or later than the following:
Now, if you are using an older version then update the software by following the steps below:
- Open the McAfee Antivirus again
- Then, click on the PC Security tab
- Now, select the Update app button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update process to get completed
Anyway, Folks! These are the fixes you can try to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123 on your computer. We have tried and tested all these solutions. But after trying all the solutions if you are still facing the problem then, we will suggest you contact QuickBooks Tech Support or Your Download and Install the Quickbooks Tool Hub from Quickbookstoolhub.com . If you have other queries regarding QuickBooks you can ask here through the comment section.