Are you facing the QuickBooks Error 6000 while trying to open your QuickBooks company files? QuickBooks Error 6000 is one of the most common among the problem that users face. Read these solutions here if you are facing the same on your computer. This will help you to troubleshoot the error.
From small and medium business to large enterprise QuickBooks has the right tool to manage the business accounts for every industry. While QuickBooks is the best in the array of accounting software it is not impervious to errors. Anyway, coming to the point, if you are facing the QuickBooks Error 6000 here are probable reasons.
QuickBooks Error 6000
QuickBooks Error 6000 specifically happens at the time of accessing the QuickBooks Company Files. Following are the reasons for which you might be facing the error,
- Wrong folder permissions of the drive that contains the company files
- The company file is located on an external storage device whereas it should have been on a network or a local drive
- Miscommunication while running QuickBooks in multi-user mode
- The file in QuickBooks was opened by referencing a drive which was mapped
The company files get corrupted and the data stored becomes vulnerable if the QuickBooks Error 6000 persists. Therefore the problem needs some instant attention. Go through the simple troubleshooting steps to avoid the problem.
Read more: Razer Synapse Not Working
Fix – QuickBooks Error 6000
We have shared the easiest way to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 on your computer. Check it out and troubleshoot the problem quickly.
As we have researched well before coming with the troubleshooting steps, we have found that restarting QuickBooks with more permissions solves the problem in most of the occasions.
- Firstly, close the program along with other software programs running on your computer.
- After that turn on the computer and leave it for a few seconds.
- Now, restart your PC and run QuickBooks with more permissions.
- Finally, check whether the accounting software works fine or not.
Still facing the problem? You might need some other methods to fix the issue. Explore the alternative method here
Move The QuickBooks Company File
Is your company file stored in external device storage? If this is the case then you must move the company file to the local drive or if possible to a network drive.
- At first, open the .QBW file in QuickBooks
- Now, select the company files and save it on your local disk drive
- Finally, verify if the error has gone or still intact!
Use UNC Path Instead of Mapped Drive
If you going with a mapped drive then, instead of that use the UNC path. Going with the following steps will help you,
- Firstly, Open the folder that contains the company file
- Then, with the assistance of the extension of .QBW , locate the file
- After doing so, right-click the file and then click on Copy
- Now Paste it at your Desktop
- Then, open QuickBooks and you will be directed to the No Company Open Window. Hold down the Control Key in the meantime
- Now, click on open or Restore an existing company
- Finally, find the company file that you copied and open and Navigate to the desktop
Problems not resolved yet? You must connect with the QuickBooks Support team. Ping us through the comment box here. Once you let us know your issue our professional QuickBooks expert will guide you to fix the problem. If you already have some relevant solution for this QuickBooks Error 6000 you can help your fellow QuickBooks users and enrich our knowledge by posting the solution in the comment box here.