Most gamers prefer a console controller rather than their keyboards and mouses. There are some gaming genres such as racing and fighting work better with the PS3 controller. Does not matter why you would like to use a PS3 controller, you can perform some easy steps to set up the PS3 Controller on PC.
Before going to set up the PS3 controller on your PC, check out the prerequisites below.
PS3 Controller on PC- Prerequisites
Look what you need to set up a PS3 controller-
- You need an original DualShock 3 controller
- You need a mini-USB cable (the PS3 charging cable is also suitable)
- A Bluetooth dongle if you want to connect wirelessly
Above all, you need to make sure your PS3 is disconnected because if you press the PS button, it will turn on the controller and you won’t be able to connect it to your PC. Hence, you have to connect your PS3 controller to your PC via the mini-USB cable to install the primary set of PS3 controller drivers. Once the primary installation process is complete, you need to download the following SCP software which is necessary.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Visual C++
- DirectX Web Installer
- Xbox 360 Controller Driver
PS3 Controller on PC Setup-
- Visit the PCSX2 thread to download the latest and updated version of the SCP DS Driver on your PC. You have to download the 7-zip format folder so make sure you download and install a file archiver utility for Windows software
- Then you have to extract the latest version and latest updated zipped folders which you just downloaded
- Then open the unzipped latest update folder
- Visit ScpServer\bin and you have to copy all the files there
- Here you have to open the unzipped latest version folder and go to ScpServer\bin, again
- Then you have to paste all the files here you just copied
- If you see any warning message, replace the files in the destination folder
- After setting up, you are free to delete the original, zipped folders: latest update and latest version folders.
- Then open the ScpServer inside the latest version folder and then you have to copy the bin folder
- You now have to navigate to the C:\Program Files path and create a new folder, name it anything and paste the bin folder inside of it
- Click Continue when seeing the admin right prompt box
- Then open the newly pasted bin folder and right-click on ScpDriver application
- Then run the application as admin
- You have to check the boxes beside Bluetooth Driver and Configure Service
- Next, click on the install button
- If you want to use the controller on your Windows PC or older version, then check the Force Install button
- Next, click Exit after completing the installation
- Now open the ScpMonitor application and you can use your PS3 controller on almost any Steam game as long as the game supports console controllers.
By these steps, you are able to set up and use the PS3 Controller on PC. Do make a comment below if you need any help. To download any other apps like Showbox for PC, check out our posts.