“ntoskrnl.exe” is the heart of an Operating System. It’s pretty hard for your Windows to work without this kernel. So, when the file meets with any kind of glitch you face the Blue Screen Of Death. And an adamant full stop affects your work.
Not only the dead screen but it also leads to another issue that can be considered as a major hazard for your dear PC. However, fixing this issue doesn’t ask for a lot. it’s just a matter of some time and the good knowledge about the problem. Well, you don’t need to get thrashed here and there for gathering the info when you are getting it within a few scrolls.
Heal The notskrnl.exe Issue- Follow These Few Steps
Now we will talk about the cause and fixes for this problem. You may wonder that why do you need to learn the causes when you are in need of the fixes. But let us tell you, the best way of dealing an issue is to know it in a better way rather know the roots. Talking about the roots, several technical demons are there to harm your PC as well as your work. So, if you want to get victory over this Blue Screen Of Death you must trick these disputes. Wondering how you are going to do this? No need to panic amigos!- have a look below.
Update The Device Driver
First thing, that you need to check is your device driver. If your device driver is outdated then it’s going to create a lot of issues with your PC. So, what you need to do is update the driver as soon as possible. It will surely help you out. Follow the few steps below to update your driver with ease.
Firstly, you should know that there are two ways of updating your driver. One is Manual Driver Update and another one is Automatic Driver Update. You can get your video card or monitor in the working mode again by using any of these two processes.
Automatic Driver Update- If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your device drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with any update tool. The tools will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your hardware, and your version of Windows 10, and it will download and install them correctly.
Manual Driver Update- You can update your device drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your hardware devices, and searching for the most recent correct driver for each. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your version of Windows 10.
Reset the Overlocking BIOS
Another reason for this notskrnl.exe or Blue Screen Of Death error is the overclocking drivers. If you have a trusted program to help you in changing the overclock in BIOS, then you can use it.
If not, then you must follow the instructions below. The steps are given to help you to clear the CMOS from within the BIOS menu and to reset your BIOS settings back in their factory default state.
However, some steps are here to make this easy for you.
- Firstly, shut down your system by holding the power button for 10 or a few more seconds
- Next, wait for few minutes and power on again
- As soon as the logo appears, press F1, F2, F10, ESC or Delete button immediately to enter the BIOS
- Then, use the arrow keys of your keyboard to go to Exit and then move down to Load Setup Defaults
- You need to press the Enter key next. You might be able to see a notification. Use the arrow key to select Yes and then press Enter again to proceed
- Now, the exit Saving Changes will be highlighted. Press the Enter key and then press the Enter key again to save the changes of configuration
Now the notskrnl.exe- Blue Screen Of Death issue should get fixed. If not, then try some other troubleshooting tricks also.
Also Read: Whea Uncorrectable Error Windows 10
Perform A Memory Test
notskrnl.exe is all about memory and faulty driver. So, it’s a must thing to run a memory test and find out which driver is at fault.
Before performing the test make sure that you have closed all of the overclocking programs. And during the test, you won’t get to use your computer. Follow the steps below to perform the memory test.
- Firstly click on the start button and type “Windows Memory Diagnostic” and press Enter then
- Next click on the “Restart now and check for problems(recommended)” Make sure that you have taken a backup of your work because your computer will restart immediately
- Now, your computer will restart and the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will appear
It will take some time to finish this process. After completing this process you will surely find the faulty driver. Now repair the driver and discard the issue. If there is still an issue you must get expert’s help. For more information comment below.