Netgear is undoubtedly one of the fastest internet connection providers. But some new users like you may face problems with Netgear WIFI Extender Setup. But don’t you worry as I am here to help you out by providing you with a step-by-step guide. So, let’s follow the easy methods given in the section below to perform a hassle-free setup.
Easy Steps of Netgear WIFI Extender Setup
Follow these initial steps to perform a Netgear WIFI Extender Setup:
- Plug in your Netgear extender to your wall outlet and turn on the power button and wait until it turns on the device
- After connecting, go to your web browser and type the following web address: www.mywifiext.net next press the enter button
- Click on the new extender setup then register your Netgear Genie Setup
- Now create an account
- If it asks the following question: ‘how you want to use your extender’, then select the Wi-Fi range extender network option
- Select the available network from the list of wireless networks. Enter your password and then select Next.
- Here you can change your settings. After that, restart your device and shift the extender to somewhere it will be easier for you to connect and use the internet service.
In case you do not own an Ethernet port, you can follow the steps I have given in the section below. Just check them out.
Also Read: Linksys Router Setup
Netgear WIFI Extender Setup Without an Ethernet Port
- First, you require to change the settings of your WIFI extender. To do so, you need to go back to the factory default settings. Now just press and hold the factory settings button and present it on the side panel for about 1-2 seconds.
- Now you need to connect your WIFI extender through a WIFI network. Go to your browser and in the address bar, type https//myWIFIe-xt.net. In the newly opened pop-up box, enter your login details like your username and password. Your default username and password are respectively: MyWifiExt and Netgear
- You need to follow these steps for Netgear WIFI Extender Setup and to setup your connection to the router. Then you have to reconnect all your wifi devices to the range extender.
Methods for Netgear Range Extender Setup
- Plug in the extender and wait for the LED light turning green
- Connect to the wireless network on your wireless networking device
- Now open an internet browser and it will redirect you to the new extender setup
- When you see a list of existing wireless networks, select the one that is not your existing wireless network you wish to extend.
- In case your wireless network is secured with a security code, you need to enter the passcode in the passphrase box
- Now select continue
- Now connect your device to the network
- Here go to the extender screen and recheck the option
- Click Finish to complete the setup process.
If you are still facing an issue with Netgear WIFI Extender Setup, drop us a comment below. Promising to get back to you shortly.