We use range extender is to extend the current router range. When Linksys has been offering quality range extenders then we face no problem. But the first question that comes up is how to perform Linksys Extender Setup? Here we are giving two easy ways to setup Linksys Range Extender now.
Tips before performing the Linksys Extender Setup
Before you proceed with the setup process of Linksys extender, you need to check out a few things:
- Before going to the Linksys Extender Setup process, reset the password
- You can set up the extender within a maximum of 40 feet in your house
Also Read: Windows Modules Installer Worker
Easy Steps to Complete Linksys Extender Setup
Setting up your new Linksys router is not a huge deal. You can follow some easy steps that can help you with it. Let’s now check out what those steps are that can do the trick.
- Firstly, plug in the Linksys Range extender to Power Outlet
- Turn it on by clicking the switch
- Now go to your computer
- Check out the taskbar and click the Wireless Icon to search for available networks
- Now look for Linksys Extender SetupThen open network. After that, Connect with the network
- After connecting, open your web browser, and it will redirect you to the Linksys extender setup page
- Also, if you want, you can use the default IP address of Linksys router- 192.168.1.1
Here you have to follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further with the process.
- Change your language
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and hit the ‘Next’ button
- In the list, you can find a list of networks. Now select your current router extension and type the password of your Linksys router. Again, hit Next.
- If you want you can alter the network name and your password as well. You can also, leave them default and move further by clicking on Next
- In the next step, you can also lock the extender setup using the admin password
- Select Next. Save the settings and then Reboot your computer.
After you restart your system, you can plug in your router extender and use your extender password to connect with it.
Setup Linksys Extender with Ethernet Cable
- Connect the Linksys extender with your PC via an ethernet cable
- Now plug in the extender to your wall outlet. Wait until you see the LED lights blinking
- Open your browser and enter your router’s IP address (Mentioned in the above step).
- Enter admin username and password and hit the OK button
- Click on the wireless settings and set the radio button for manual
- Then enter the SSID of your main router
- Type in the WEP Key or WPA/WPA Mixed mode key
- Now restart the range router and start the router to experience its functionalities
We have shared all the essential steps you need to follow to complete the Linksys Extender Setup. In case you are still struggling with any setbacks, please let us know. Don’t forget to share your alternative solutions with us too.