Windows 10 users often face this issue with updating the operating system. Every time you going to shut down your computer, it wants you to install updates. If this what is annoying you, I have the best solutions here. Check out the How to Disable Windows 10 Update easy step-by-step guide.
How to Disable Windows 10 Update
This method includes disabling the Windows update service; check out the steps below to proceed. Note: the service will re-enable itself after a particular time.
- You need to press the Windows logo key + R at the same time from your keyboard to invoke the Run box
- And in the empty run box, you need to type services.msc
- Then press Enter and scroll down to find Windows Update and then double-click it
- From the startup type, you have to select Disabled and then click Apply and OK to save the changes
Perform these steps carefully and if you are failed to solve the problem, follow the other methods.
Change Group Policy Editor Settings-Method 2
If the above-mentioned method does not work, try this one to know How to Disable Windows 10 Update. But before beginning, let me inform you that the Group Policy feature is not available in the Home edition. And to change the updating settings, you have to run Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education. This editor will inform you about new updates without automatically installing them on your PC.
- Just like the steps in the previous method, press Windows logo key + R
- And this time in the run box you have to type gpedit.msc and click OK
- Then navigate to the path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
- Then you have to double-click on the Configure Automatic Update option
- Then select Disabled on the Configured Automatic Updates option from the left side
- And finally, you have to click Apply and OK to disable the Windows automatic update feature.
If this method also does not help you with solving the How to Disable Windows 10 Update problem, do not worry, and move on to the next method.
Meter Your Network Connection – Method 3
This method will not work for ethernet connection and you can only use wifi connection to disable automatic Windows update. Make sure your computer is connected to a wifi network and follow these steps-
- You need to click the startup button first, then click on the Settings app
- From the settings option, click Network & Internet.
- Click WIFI from the left pane and put the name of your Wi-Fi connection
- Then click the option to turn on Set as metered connection.
Well, these are some verified methods for resolving the How to Disable Windows 10 Update issue. But if you know something extra, just make a comment below of this section. In order to disable pop up blockers and more, try our other posts.