The more software you use on your computer, the more you will have to wait for the windows to start up. Many applications add themselves to the list of running programs when you start up your computer, and this can be annoying. So, today in this guide, I am going to share a few useful methods for resolving How to Disable Startup Programs Windows 10 issue.
Step-By-Step Guide Disable Startup Programs Windows 10
If you are running the brand new version of Windows 10, there is a new startup app management panel available that help you disable startup programs.
- Firstly, you need to open up the settings panel and then search for Startup
- Then from there, open Startup panel
If you are not using the newest version yet, then you have to use Task Manager to manage your apps and for that, follow the steps below.
- Do a right-click on an empty area on the taskbar and then select Task manager
- When the Task Manager window comes up, click on the Startup tab and check out the list of programs that are enabled and run during startup
- And to stop them from running, you have to right-click on the programs and then select disable
Sometimes we install so many applications and after a long time, we do not use them anymore. You can check out the Windows startup impact column where where you can find how much a program is affecting the startup line. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can check out the next section to know How to Disable Startup Programs.
How to Disable Startup Programs Windows Vista
Programs like antivirus software are easy to start up with Windows, but most other apps take so many times to load during startup. Now that you are using Windows Vista, you can follow these steps to disable Startup programs.
- Open Start menu from your Windows Vista system and in the search box type “msconfig.exe” without the quotes
- Then click on the option if it is highlighted, or press the Enter key
- Then you have to open the Startup tab from the System Configuration main window
- Now you will see a list of all the startup programs with a checkbox option
- To prevent programs from starting up, you have to check the option next to that program
- After selecting your desired applications, press OK
- Then you have to restart your computer to save and apply those changes. If you are not ready to restart your computer yet, then from the dialogue box, click Exit
These easy steps will help you with How to Disable Startup Programs Windows 10 problem. So, let us know in the comment box below if you have other queries.