Google Wi-Fi is super impressive. But sometimes after getting it, users don’t get the solution for an easy Google Wi-Fi Setup. But, don’t worry. If you are facing the same issue, let’s move on to the setup up process of Google Wi-Fi which is simply amazing and also comes with a much lower price. Follow the steps we’ve provided here to successfully setup the Wi-Fi.
Before we begin, make sure you have installed the Google Wi-Fi app on your smartphone. The app is the only solution for your Google Wi-Fi Setup and you can’t even use it on your computer.
Google Wi-Fi Setup-Where to Put your Google Wi-Fi Units?
The most important factor is that where are you placing your Wi-Fi unit. Since Google Wi-Fi is not a traditional system, you can get its connection no matter where you place it inside your house. But just be careful because, in order to use it all over your house, you need to put it in the right place.
- Place it somewhere you will not get the problem with its speed and connection
- Now plug in your Google Wi-Fi Units directly into your modem
- Open the app, to begin with, the setup process
- Your phone will look for nearby devices. Then you need to scan the QR code on the bottom of the Wi-Fi point which will create a secure link between your device and the Wi-Fi unit
- Then you need to enter a network name and password and Google will perform the initial steps of Google Wi-Fi Setup
- You need to choose a unique network name and change the password-don’t use the default. You can use the credentials for sign in to your network on all your devices.
After this, the app may ask you how many Wi-Fi devices you need to install
Plug in and Scan for the Google Wi-Fi Setup Process
You have to remove the second access point from the box and then plug it in. a prompt will ask you to choose the right device. You will find a bunch of random letters and numbers there. Turn over the Wi-Fi point to match the letters and numbers after setup with what appears on your phone screen.
The app will now test the connection and then tell you if the unit is in the right place or would be good if you place it somewhere else.
Also Read: HP Printer Setup
Test your Network with Google Wi-Fi App- Google Wi-Fi Support
We think that you should conduct a mesh test. The test will tell you how strong the connection between your device and the Wi-Fi unit really is. And will also give you tips to improve the connection.
Google Wi-Fi app > Settings button > Network check > Test mesh
Take at least 30 minutes to run see the results. If Google comes up with suggestions to improve your connection, tap on the Fix it button and follow the on-screen instructions.
That’s it. If you still need help with the setup process, please don’t hesitate to drop a comment below.