When you own a Google Voice, we are sure you are going to save a lot of time. But the Google Voice Setup can be a little bit tricky for you. So it’s onto our experts to assist you in knowing more about the installation procedure.
Well, this Google Voice offers you a new way to interact with your smartphone. This all-new service comes up with many features, but the most popular ones are unified voicemail, the ability to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, and the voicemail transcriptions respectively.
Google Voice Setup- What to do first?
- The initial step is to set up a Google Voice account. So visit http://voice.google.com and sign up. After creating an account, choose your phone number.
- Next, Google Voice will call you to verify your number then you will be signed in.
- In the upper right corner, you can find the settings option, from there, click on the Voice Settings option.
- From here you can set up your voicemail greeting and a lot more awesome settings.
Also Read: Gmail Setup in Outlook
Now move on to the next step. Check out the section below:
Download the Google Voice App: Google Voice Setup
Now that you have successfully created your account go to the Google play store on your Android phone and search Google Voice. Now download and install it on your smartphone. And if you want, you can add the app to your home screen for easy access.
Setup Your Voice Account: Google Voice Setup
- Now, tap the icon from your home screen to set up a Google Voice account on your smart device.
- A prompt will show you if you want to use your already existing account. Go on select your account and to continue, click on the sign in option.
- Next, you require to verify your mobile number with Google Voice. Here click Next.
- Now it will verify if the number is the same as the one you used while creating an account on your computer.
- Next, you need to choose what calls you want to make from your Google Voice number.
Some people appreciate its outstanding voicemail service, thus chose “Do not use Google Voice to Make any calls” option. But if you want to replace your mobile number to make international calls or something, you can choose from the rest of those options.
You can also make the phone ask you which number you would like to use while making a call.
Setup Voicemail: Google Voice Setup
Now you have to decide if you want your callers to hear your carrier voicemail or your Google voicemail. Many users prefer Google because it offers tons of options that don’t come with carriers.
The main reason is that Google Voice transcribes voicemails so you can read them, anywhere, any time. And another reason is that it allows you to have a more personal greeting, other than how to leave a message.
So now that you know how to use your Google Voice, and how to perform Google Voice setup, let us know in the comment box below how is it going. Also, tell us what features you are using like custom voicemail greetings for groups. If you face any problem, reach our helpdesk. We will get back to your query immediately.