Are you looking to incorporate your Gmail account with Microsoft Outlook 2016? You can configure your Microsoft Outlook account as a centralized email client interface where you will be able to receive emails from other webmail services. Here are the steps following which you can proceed with Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016.
Switching between different webmail accounts can be difficult. Therefore, incorporating your Gmail account with Outlook is the most convenient way to make communicating easy and simple. So, let’s learn how to do Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016. With the same steps given here, you can easily integrate the other versions of Outlook like 2013, 2010 and 2007.
Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016 Procedure
Before going to configure Outlook to send and receive emails from Gmail service, You need to enable certain email protocols from your Gmail account before configuring Gmail in Outlook. Aforementioned is an essential setting in Gmail, so don’t skip this step.
- At first, login to your Gmail account from your computer then follow the next steps.
- Open settings and then visit Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- In the POP Download options, select “Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on”.
- Now save the changes at the bottom of the screen and then restart Gmail
Guide for Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016
There are two protocols. There are two options you can choose from to configure Gmail in outlook. One is through Gmail IMAP Settings and other is by Gmail POP3 Settings. We have provided both procedures. So, check out and set up Gmail in Outlook 2016.
Gmail POP3 Settings
- Open Microsoft Outlook form your system and head to File> Add New Account
- Now you will get to see two options. But you need to select the second one which is Manual Setup or Additional Server Types.
- Now click on the second option POP or IMAP.
- Here, check out the mail server settings. Navigate to the user information section, here you need to enter the name which will appear when someone receives your mail. In the email address section, put your current Gmail ID.
- In the server information select POP3 for account type and fill pop.gmail.com in the incoming mail server. In outgoing mail server, you have to type smtp.gmail.com
- In Logon Information, you have to type your Gmail address and add a strong password for security.
- Now, go to More Settings.
- Then, open the Outgoing Server tab in internet email settings.
- Now, select My outgoing server requires authentication.
- In the Advanced tab, enter 995 as the incoming server and enter 465 as an outgoing server and check the “This server requires an encrypted connection(SSL)” option.
- Now click the OK button to save the settings.
Also Read: Google Voice Setup
Gmail POP3 Settings
Again open your Gmail account to enable the IMAP protocol in Gmail account. You need to follow the same steps as mentioned in the section above, but this time you need to enable IMAP instead of POP.
In outlook, you have to repeat the 1 and 2 and 3 steps, and then you have to select IMA. The mail server settings will be as mentioned below:
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMPTP): smtp.gmail.com
Next, the Steps 6,7, and 8 will be same as in POP3 settings, but this time in the More settings>Advanced option, you require to change the server port number for Incoming Server (IMAP) as 993.
Anyway, Folks! That’s all from our side. In conclusion, we would like to suggest you use the IMAP settings if you want to sync Gmail with Outlook on multiple devices. Share your thoughts about our ‘Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016 Guide’ in the comment. If you need to discuss any further, post your queries here.