You can configure your Microsoft Outlook account as a centralized email client interface where you will be able to receive emails from other webmail services like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. It gets hard for us to switch to different webmail accounts, and that also makes our communication a little bit harder. So, let’s know how to do Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016. You can certainly follow the same procedure for Gmail setup in other versions of Outlook like 2013, 2010 and 2007.
Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016 Procedure
Before going to configure Outlook to send and receive emails from Gmail service, you require to enable mail protocols from Gmail account. Aforementioned is an essential setting in Gmail, so don’t skip this step.
- At first, login to your Gmail account from your computer then follow the next steps.
- Open settings and then visit Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- In the POP Download options, select “Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on”.
- Now save the changes at the bottom of the screen and then restart Gmail
Guide for Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016
There are two protocols. You can choose one from IMAP or POP3, to configure Gmail in outlook. So, now check out both the settings.
Gmail POP3 Settings
- Open Microsoft Outlook form your system and head to File> Add New Account
- Now you will get to see two options. But you need to select the second one which is Manual Setup or Additional Server Types.
- Now from the next screen, choose the second option POP or IMAP.
- Now you have to check out the mail server settings. Under the user information section, you have to fill the name that should appear when someone receives your mail, and in the email address section, put your current Gmail ID.
- In the server information select POP3 for account type and fill pop.gmail.com in the incoming mail server. In outgoing mail server, you have to type smtp.gmail.com
- In Logon Information, you have to type your Gmail address and add a strong password for security.
- Now, go to More Settings.
- In internet email settings, open the Outgoing Server tab and click on My outgoing server requires authentication.
- In the Advanced tab, enter 995 as the incoming server and enter 465 as an outgoing server and check the “This server requires an encrypted connection(SSL)” option.
- Now click to save these settings.
Also Read: Google Voice Setup
Gmail IMAP Settings-Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016
Again open your Gmail account to enable the IMAP protocol in Gmail account. You need to follow the same steps as mentioned in the section above, but this time you need to enable IMAP instead of POP.
In outlook, you have to repeat the 1 and 2 and 3 steps, and then you have to select IMA. The mail server settings will be as mentioned below:
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMPTP): smtp.gmail.com
Next, the Steps 6,7, and 8 will be same as in POP3 settings, but this time in the More settings>Advanced option, you require to change the server port number for Incoming Server (IMAP) as 993.
In case you want to sync Gmail with Outlook on multiple devices, then the IMAP setting is recommended. Hope you find this Gmail Setup in Outlook 2016 guide helpful, but if you need to discuss any further, post in the comment box below.