The reason why you are encountering the Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration error message is because your computer is unable to get a valid IP address from your DHCP server. But you can try out some simple steps for a resolve. Let’s learn how we can resolve the problem.
However, due to some unknown reasons, your ethernet server cannot find the valid details like subnet mask, default gateway, or DNS server etc. and as a result, you are seeing this error message. But this software related issue is not permanent. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about it. I am going to share a few handy methods that you can try to resolve this valid IP configuration error on your Windows computer.
Resolve Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error In Windows
Incorrect configurations in the network adapter expired cached files, cable issues, DHCP issues, or even a faulty network driver can cause this Internet connection error.
However, if you follow the instructions below, you can easily find the solution.
Reinstall The Driver Of Your Ethernet Network Adapter to Resolve Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Problem
The issue can be with the driver of the Ethernet network adapter. So, please either install it or update it to the latest version.
- Firstly, press Windows + X, and then choose the Device Manager option from the pop-up menu to update or reinstall the driver.
2. Find the Ethernet network adapter from the list of devices and then do a right-click on it. Next, select the Update Driver Software option.
3. You can choose either of these two options: Search automatically for updated driver software, or Browse my computer for driver software.
- Choose one of the options provided and you want to use then update the driver.
Also Read: Plugged in Not Charging
Clean Up All The Network Cached Files to Resolve Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Problem
You can clear up all the network related caches from your computer if the above-mentioned method does not help. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Press Windows + X and then select the Command Prompt option then you have to perform the following commands
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
Now restart your computer and check if the internet connection is ok.
Reset Winsock Protocol And TCP/IP Settings to Resolve Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Problem
Resetting the Winsock protocol as well as TCP/IP settings not only can help you in fixing Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration but also many other windows issues related to an internet connection.
- Press the Windows + X keys and then select the Command Prompt option from the newly opened pop-up menu.
2. Now to reset the Winsock protocol on your Windows computer, perform these commands: netsh Winsock reset
3. To reset TCP/IP settings: netsh int TCP reset
4. netsh int IP reset
5. Now reboot your computer.
If you are still unable to resolve the Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration error, please seek for some technical help.