No one can deny that Mac has a great reputation. Instead of amazing performance, it has some flaws also. There are times when you may get frustrated with your Mac Computer as it shows some error codes. Talking about the same Error Code 43 Mac is the most irritating one as recovering the error code 43 is a tough nut to crack.
Well, you can keep your worries aside now as here is the easy DIY hacks to fix your Mac in the most convenient way. Survey says that Error Code 43 is the most frequent one that can hit your PC anytime at any circumstances. So, fixing it is mandatory to get your computer in the working mode again. When you are working with the “X El Capitán and OS X 10.2” operating system major chance is there to encounter with this error code 43 rather than other OS.
So, if you are using this particular OS, you must be prepared always to confront this error anytime. And we are here to help you. Let’s know the causes firstly. It will make the solutions easier for you.
What Causes Error Code 43 Mac
You may be thinking what will you do with the cause! You need the solution only. But you believe or not, the best way to deal with an issue is to know the issue properly and understand as much as possible. And that is why the causes are infested here. Let’s talk about Error Code 43 Mac in detail now.
As you know this error occurs when you try to move things into the trash or when you are trying to move any file to a different directory. The full error message looks like this; “The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found (Error code 43)”
Well, you know that already and that is why you are here- we understand that but it’s always better to make sure you are going with the right things or not.
So, if you find the similarities then you are on the right path. So, let’s proceed to the reasons now.
- Firstly, if you have chosen the so-called illegal characters as your file name then this error can take place. Characters like “$*@!#%” etc. Remove this characters and add some proper name in letters to fix the Error Code 43 Mac
- Next, if there is no shared point for the file in question the error can occur. By this, we mean that the finder cannot access the file that you are trying to move
- An issue with your hard disk can lead to this issue. Otherwise, it could be that you installed the internal OS problem or that there are issues that relate to permissions for the file that you are trying to move. In the latter case, it could be that the file that you are trying to move needs to be accessed by the administrator
There could be some other reasons. This problem could be caused by a variety of very different problems that, however, could very easily be solved
- One very common reason for this error is simply caused by the fact that the far you’re trying to move has not been fully downloaded. It is important that you make sure the file is fully downloaded before you attempt to move it to the trashcan or anywhere else. Similarly, if you are using the file you will not be able to move it and you may get the error. In that case, the solution would be really easy, just stop using the file
Let’s proceed to the most important part now, the fixes.
You can also read: Mac Camera Not Working
How To Fix Error Code 43 Mac
You have got some hints of solving the issue in the causes part right? What to do next if the issue persists? Here is the answer, have a look.
You need to reset the PRAM- Parameter Random Access Memory of your Mac computer. And to do so follow the below steps.
- Firstly, make sure you have shut your computer down properly
- Then, take some time and locate the Command Key, P & R keys and the option key(alt) as well. You will need to proceed with the rest of the process
Then you should return to your Mac computer back on
- Once your Mac computer is fully turned on again you should press those keys and hold them down as soon as possible. You need to do this before the gray screen displays, this is why it is so important that you have previously located the keys. If it doesn’t work out the first time, just shut down the computer and try again, and be sure that you are ready
- Hold down the command, option, P, R keys for a while. There is no fixed amount of time, you will need to do this until you hear the sound that means the computer starting up three times
- Once you have heard that sound for three times, release those for keys simultaneously
Thus you will complete the resetting process of PRAM. Hopefully, your issue will be sorted now.
In case you can’t fix the issue on your own you should take an expert’s advise. For more information, you can put a comment below. Do check my other articles on this site.