If you have been using Windows 10 installed computer or laptop, then probably you must have run into error 0x80070570 while trying to delete or copy certain system-related files. If at all proper solution has not been attained in the earliest stage, then this particular error can corrupt the installed Windows version and you might end up losing every other stored data. Such deadly system errors have also been affecting Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users as well. Keep reading to know about the root cause of 0x80070570 error and the possible ways to resolve it without losing any of your stored data.
The root causes of Windows error 0x80070570?
If you are witnessing error code 0x80070570 in your Windows installed computer then either one of the below-mentioned reasons might have triggered the error message to pop-up and interfere with the performed actions.
- The software application that you are trying to access might need certain registry files to complete the initiated tasks. Either the needed registry file must have been corrupted or deleted due to a malware or virus attack.
- The SATA driver must have been incorrectly recognized and configured during its initial installation stage
- BIOS configurations might have been automatically changed.
Possible solutions to fix error code 0x80070570
Performing a Startup Repair
Following is a stepwise guide that you need to follow as it is to enter into advanced boot options from your Windows 7 system.
The Advanced Boot Options shall let you troubleshoot based on your preferences.
- If your computer or laptop is been turned on, then restart it and start pressing the F8 key from the connected keyboard until the ‘Advanced Boot Options’ menu loads up.
- Navigate from the provided booting options using the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrow key from the keyboard
- Select ‘Repair Your Computer’ option from the displayed list
- This action shall take you to the system recovering options by loading the required files.
- In the next step, you need to select the language and the keyboard support from the drop-down list.
- After making the right choice, click upon the ‘Next’ button
- If you have more than one user profile created in your computer, then you need to select the user account that you are looking forward to repairing in the first place
- The ‘System Recovery Options’ menu shall load up.
- Select ‘Startup Repair’ from the list
The PC shall automatically scan and repair the possible problems that have been causing error 0x80070570 to show up randomly. After repairing the problems if at all Windows prompts you to perform a system restore, then you need to click upon the ‘Restore’ button to restore Windows to a previously saved data and avoid losing any type of stored data.
Temporarily disabling the antivirus program
The antivirus program installed in your computer system shall be disrupting you from copying files either to a local hard drive or to a connected pen drive. Temporarily disabling the antivirus program can help in skipping error code 0x80070570. If you are using Avast antivirus program to get rid of malware and viruses from attacking your PC or laptop, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Make a right-click on the Avast notification icon present in the system tray
- A context menu shall load-up
- Select ‘Avast Shield Control’ to load up a sub-menu.
- Select one option from the loaded action list, either ‘Disable for 10 minutes’, ‘Disable for 1 hour’, or ‘Disable until computer is restarted’
- These actions shall temporarily stop Avast antivirus from scanning the PC files
Try copying the files to the desired file location or perform other actions that lead to error 0x80070570 messages. If you are still not able to initiate the action then you need to look out for a different anti-virus program or tweak the Avast settings to avoid witnessing 0x80070570 code type of errors.
Checking your hard drive for possible errors
Corrupted files present in the local hard drives might be initiating the error code 0x80070570 warning messages. Searching for the particular corrupted file in a local drive might be a tiring process, instead, you can check for possible errors by using the ‘Check’ option as mentioned below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu from the Task Bar and select ‘Computer’.
- Right-click upon the local drive partition that you are about to scan
- From the context menu, select ‘Properties’.
- A new window shall load up with different ‘Properties’ settings
- Select the ‘Tools’ tab and then under the ‘Error checking’ section click on the ‘Check’ button.
- A new prompting pop-up window shall open up asking you to provide much-needed permissions
- Click upon the ‘OK’ button
- In the next window, select ‘Automatically fix the system errors’ option
- This action shall let Windows automatically scan for corrupted files that have been leading to error 0x80070570 types of messages.
Restart the computer system if prompted to complete the scanning process. Perform the same ‘check’ action for other enabled local hard drives and then start copying files from one folder to another. If the problem continues try performing a detailed scan using the chkdsk command.
Using the chkdsk command to perform a detailed scan
Perform a detailed scan to the local hard drives by opening Command Prompt window in administrator mode.
- Press the ‘Windows logo’ key from the keyboard
- The Start menu shall load up
- In the search box, type ‘Command prompt’ to let it find and list relevant programs automatically.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt program using the connected mouse
- From the context list, select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Now, the command prompt window shall open up with much-needed administrator settings
- Within the window, type chkdsk /f X: and then press the ‘Enter’ button to run this particular command
- X in the above-mentioned command denotes the name of the local hard drive that you are about to scan for potential error 0x80070570. Replace it with the exact name that you have earlier used to rename the local drive.
- The chkdsk scan command shall start scanning the selecting local hard drive partition for corrupted files
The entire scanning time depends upon the total space occupied in the hard drive. Once the scanning process gets completed, make use of the same command to scan with every other connected and enabled local hard drives to check with the overall health of them and to resolve error code 0x80070570 as well.
Fixing error 0x80070570 by updating Windows
Using outdated Windows system files might be the sole reason to experience 0x80070570 kind of error messages. Windows do release frequent system updates with new system files that can get rid of common bugs and errors that were found to be creating numerous mishaps while trying to access or initiate an action. If you have enabled Windows Update option, yet, not able to fix error 0x80070570 warning messages, then follow the upcoming steps to fix potential problems with the Windows Update option.
- Click upon the ‘Start’ menu and then click on the ‘Control Panel’ icon.
- Alternatively, you can open the ‘Control Panel’ by pressing ‘Windows key’ and ‘R’ button from the keyboard together, type ‘Control’ within the box and press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Make sure the ‘Control Panel’ window loads the available options as ‘Category’
- Click upon the ‘View by’ option from the top right corner of the Control Panel window and select ‘Category’ from the drop-down list.
- Now, under the ‘System and Securi ty’ settings click upon the ‘Find and fix problems’ option.
- You will be redirected to the troubleshooting window
- Under the ‘System and Security’ section, select ‘Fix problems with the Windows Update’.
- The Windows Update window shall load-up
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to let Windows scan for problems that have been causing error 0x80070570
- Wait until the entire scanning process gets completed and then initiate the Windows Update
Updating the system files must have resolved the 0x80070570 error codes from appearing again.
Quick fixes to bypass error code 0x80070570
Following is a set of quick fixes that you can try if at all the above-mentioned steps did not permanently fix the error 0x80070570 messages.
Restart the computer:
If your computer system has been continuously running for long hours, then it must be restarted to circulate out the heat waves. Many tech problems have been quickly resolved by restarting the computer system, including the error 0x80070570.
Uninstall and re-install the application:
If you are facing 0x80070570 error codes after installing a particular software application then try uninstalling the application, re-download the installation file from trustworthy sources and then initiate the installation process.
Quit and re-load the app:
If error code 0x80070570 appears while trying to open a file that has been downloaded from a desktop version of an application then try quitting the application in the first place. Delete the downloaded file, restart the computer, open up the app, and re-download the file to quickly fix the error message.