We all use Google Chrome, don’t we? The majority of us use Google Chrome as our default browser as its got tons of features and various inbuilt settings. At the same time, the browser isn’t free from some issues. Especially, when the internet or the connection is messed up. Sometimes, there is an issue with the browser update. The list goes on. One of such glitches is Fix Err_Connection_Refused Error.
Sometimes, even the applications and software stops working due to some minor errors. If you have Google Chrome as your default browser, then you might have encountered this challenge when browsing.
The error err_connection_refused chrome means the Google Chrome browser has refused to connect to the page. Or the page has refused to connect the Google Chrome browser due to some error.
Also Read: Public DNS servers
Moving on to the causes of the error, there are some common reasons for the err_connection_refused error.
What causes the err_connection_refused error?
Following are the main reasons why you might have to face the err_connection_refused error:
- When there is no internet connection, you will encounter the page and chrome error.
- The cache or cookies has not been cleared.
- Hassling software or the extensions in Google Chrome.
- If the website is down your chrome won’t be able to connect to the particular page.
- The anti-virus program or the firewall has wholly blocked the website or the page from getting access. Probably the anti-virus or the firewall program has detected the website as a corrupt or a phishing site.
- You will encounter the err_connection_refused error when the browser is not updated. You need to update your browser regularly.
- You need to clear the DNS cache. The DNS cache can also be the issue if you find such kind of error in your system or your Google chrome browser when connecting to the webpage or the website.
Hence, you can quickly fix the err_connection_refused error using the below-mentioned solutions. Just follow the solutions, and you will be able to resolve the issue.
Fix the Err_Connection_Refused Error
Check Your Internet Connection
You need to have your internet connection up and running before you start browsing. If you don’t have an internet connection, then you may not be able to connect to any webpage or a website. Hence, you need first to check the internet connection and then try again by connecting the webpage.
Clear Cookies and Caches
It is one of the most practiced solutions when Google Chrome or any such browser doesn’t connect to the web page or encounters the err_connection_refused issue. You can clear all the caches and cookies from the Google Chrome browser by following the steps below:
- Firstly, launch Google Chrome on your computer
- Now, click on the ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ button, the three dots at the top right corner
- Then, from the Pop-list, open settings
- Now, click on Advanced and navigate to Content Settings from there
- Then, Click on Cookies and select ‘See all cookies and site data’
- Now, click on Remove All to clear all the browser cookies.
After removing the cookies now you need to clear the browsing history. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Privacy and Security tab
- Then, click on Clear Browsing Data tab there
- Now, as the pop-up window appears, Click on the Advanced tab
- Next, change the time range to All Time and check all the boxes
- Now, click on the Clear Data option. It will clear all the browser cache and cookies
Uninstall Unwanted Apps or Software
You need to first check for the unwanted or the problem causing apps or the software that is the culprit in your Google Chrome browser or the operating system. Hassling chrome extensions or apps can also make trouble and cause issues to your browser leading to the err_connection_refused error.
Update Your Browser
Sometimes, even the browser can be a troublemaker. Check whether the chrome browser is updated or not. If not, then it is recommended that you update your chrome and use the latest version of the program.
The error can be easily fixed if you can find and root out the issues that are causing trouble to the browser connecting to the web page. This guide can resolve the err_connection_refused error without causing any problem.