Dragon Age: Inquisition, an action-packed game was developed from scratch by Bioware and got published by the most-famous Electronic Arts. This particular gameplay is said to be one among the major addition to the Dragon Age franchise and known as the sequel to the earlier released version of Dragon Age: Origins. During November 2014, the game got released worldwide for many different platforms at the same time, namely, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation, and Xbox One. In spite of being a popular game, many gamers have been reporting about experiencing ‘dragon age inquisition won’t launch’ type of error while trying to launch and play the game through Windows 10. If such errors have been disturbing your gameplay, then keep reading to learn what triggers such launch errors to happen in the first place, and the best possible solutions to get rid of them as well.
Things that can prevent Dragon Age
Although the real day reason behind witnessing dragon age inquisition not launching kind of errors cannot be marked specific, the following are some of the actions that can in one way or another trigger up and misconfigure the game.
Gaming files missing
In some rare cases, due to a virus attack on your computer system, some of the game files might either go corrupted or go missing for no reason at all. Every other gaming file that gets installed to your Windows system is highly needed to smoothly run the game. Even if a single file is not said to be found, then Dragon Age: Inquisition might not launch up or cause numerous errors while getting into the gameplay.
Unwanted background services
At times, certain Windows services and third-party applications might actively run in the background and be the sole reason behind popping up ‘dragon age inquisition won’t launch’ errors in the first place. Identifying and closing such services can quickly resolve existing problems.
Much-needed administrative privileges
The gameplay does require certain administrative privileges to launch and run many different actions. If at all such privileges are not said to be granted, then multiple issues might occur randomly letting the game to either crash or close on its own.
Turning up full-screen optimization
The best way to play Dragon Age: Inquisition is to optimize it to full-screen visibility that can smoothen up the gameplay and provide a new level of gaming experience. But, due to such full-screen optimization, the game might find it difficult to launch if at all your computer system doesn’t meet up with the game’s default system requirements.
Turning on compatibility mode
One more possible reason to experience ‘dragon age inquisition won’t start’ might be due to the incompatibility levels of the game with Windows 10. This can be easily bypassed by tweaking up Windows 10 to run the game on compatibility mode.
Dragon age inquisition won’t launch – Solution
The following is a set of solutions that you must try one after another to instantly fix the launch errors and to avoid any kind of major issues while getting indulged in the actual gameplay.
The need to run a clean boot
A service that has been running on the background might have initiated the dragon age inquisition won’t launch errors in windows 10 running computer systems. Even, third party applications might prevent gaming files from functioning rightly. Follow the below-mentioned steps to boot the Windows without letting any kind of Windows service or third party service to run in the first place.
- Make sure to log in into the Administrator mode
- Click upon the Search bar that can be found on the taskbar
- Within the search window, type ‘MSconfig’ and then press upon the ‘Enter’ button
- Alternatively, you can press Windows key from the keyboard along with the button ‘R’ to load up the Run window, enter msconfig into the box and then press the ‘Enter’ button as well.
- From the loaded Msconfig window, you need to select ‘Services’ and then navigate to the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ option.
- Make sure to click upon the ‘Disable All’ box to rightly disable the third party services from triggering the dragon age inquisition won’t launch errors and to prevent them from running in the background.
- Now, go to the Task Manager, by right-clicking on the Task Bar and then selecting Task Manager from the loaded configuration list.
- Navigate towards the ‘Startup’ tab.
- Ensure every other listed application has been disabled. Manually select the applications and click upon the ‘Disable’ button that can be found on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Reboot the computer to activate all the chosen actions
Get back to the game, and start playing using your profile to check if the dragon age inquisition won’t start issues persist or not.
Verify the installed game files
The installed game files might turn corrupted due to a malware attack. Running the gameplay with a corrupted file can lead to dragon age inquisition won’t launch type of errors in windows 10 running laptop or computer system. Follow the upcoming steps to verify the game files, launch and run the game without any kind of errors bugging your way.
- Open up ‘Origin Client’
- Make use of your account credentials to Sign In
- Navigate to the ‘Game Library’ option that can be found on the left panel.
- Within the ‘Game Library’ tab, you need to right-click upon ‘Dragon Age’
- From the loaded action list, choose ‘Repair’.
- The client shall start verifying the gaming files, once this action has been taken
- After the verification process gets completed, the missing or corrupted gaming files shall get replaced with the downloaded ones
The missing files will be downloaded automatically. Make sure to connect your Windows 10 computer system to a high-speed internet connection to download the files at ease. Once the download process has been completed, launch the game and no kind of dragon age inquisition won’t launch errors shall show-up.
Re-install VC Redist and Direct X
The VC Redist and Direct X can be found within the local drive and folder in which the game has been installed in the first place. The particular version of VC Redist or Direct X that has been installed to your Windows 10 system might be hindering the gameplay. Follow the below-mentioned stepwise guide to rightly install both these files.
- Find and open the folder in which the game has been installed to
- In default, the game gets installed in the Local Drive C and within the Program Files.
- Double-click on the file that says ‘DXSetup.exe’ to replace the older versions with the newly released ones
- After completing this, navigate to the Program Files folder and locate the ‘VCRedist.exe’ file.
- Run this executable file to replace the older versions with the new ones
- After finishing this, restart the computer and launch the game.
Probably, the dragon age inquisition won’t start errors shall get bypassed by now after updating both the executable files.
Grant administrative privileges
The Dragon Age: Inquisition game requires certain administrative privileges to avoid any kind of launching errors from showcasing up at any part of the active gameplay. Follow the below-mentioned steps as it is to grant the much-needed administrative privileges.
- Find and navigate to the folder that has the gaming files installed in them
- Located the game executable file, right-click on it to load the configuration list
- From the list, select ‘Properties’.
- Navigate to the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Make sure the ‘Run this program as Administrator’ box has been selected.
- Click upon the ‘OK’ button to confirm the actions and to activate the changes made to the game executable file.
Now, Dragon age inquisition not launching errors might not show up anymore if at all the problem has been occurring due to not providing system administrative access.
Disable Full-screen optimization
If at all Dragon age inquisition crash on startup in Windows 10 system, then there are high chances you have been running the game in full-screen that is not said to be compatible with your system memory.
- Open up the folder that has the gaming files installed in them
- Right-click upon the game executable file
- Choose ‘Properties’ from the list.
- Click upon the tab that says ‘Compatibility’.
- Within this tab, make sure the box that denotes ‘Disable Fullscreen Optimization’ is selected.
- After making this change, click upon the ‘Apply’ button to confirm the action.
- Click upon the ‘OK’ button to activate the changes made
Now, start playing Dragon Age: Inquisition game and most likely the dragon age inquisition won’t launch errors might have been completely eradicated.
Troubleshoot the compatibility
Run the Windows troubleshooting tool to let your Windows 10 computer system automatically detect and troubleshoot the dragon age inquisition won’t start errors at bay.
- Visit the folder that has the gaming files installed in them
- Select ‘Properties’ after right-clicking on the executable file
- Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab .
- Click on the button that says ‘Run Compatibility Troubleshooter’.
- By selecting this button, Windows shall automatically find the best mode to smoothly run the game.
- Make sure to select ‘Try Recommended Settings’.
- Make a click upon ‘Test the program’ button to check with the changes that can be made, before confirming the actions
- If at all the program is said to be running fine then click on the ‘Apply’ button and then exit the menu
Get back to the game and you will be able to make use of every other gaming-related option without experiencing dragon age inquisition won’t launch kind of errors.