Here’s how you can complete Canon Printer Setup by following some simple installation steps. Even though Canon multi-functioned printers are automatically installed on Windows computer, some users struggle to set them up. If this is your problem, please follow the steps given in this guide to help you with an easy Canon setup process.
You can install and Canon printer by following these steps.
WPS Connection Method- Canon Printer Setup
Before we start, some conditions must be accepted to use the WPS push button for your Canon printer.
- The access point needs have a WPS push button available. You can check the user guide for details regarding the same
- You need to use your network on a WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Turn your router,
- Press and hold your printer’s wifi button until you see the orange colored lamp flashes. Release it when it does.
- When the wifi button starts to flash blue, go to your access point and press the WPS button for at least 2 mins.
During this process, the blue and green lamps will flash and after your printer successfully make a connection with your wireless network, both the lamps will stop flashing and will remain lit.
If you wish to verify the connection you can print out the network setting on your computer.
You can easily install your printer by following this Canon Printer Setup process of WPS connection method. But if you are failing, please check out the other methods.
Also Read: Foscam Setup
Standard Connection Method(For Windows Computers Only)- Canon Printer Setup
- Firstly, insert the CD that came along with your printer, then run the setup
- In case of Setup CD-ROM does not autorun, then insert the CD-ROM into the computer again and click on [My Computer] or [This PC] next, select the CD-ROM and double-click on the [MSETUP4.EXE] file
- Click on the Next button when the initial page appears
- Select the Wireless LAN Connection method and hit the Next button again
- Next, select Access Point Connection (recommended) and click Next
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Make sure the green light is powered on
- Click Next
- This software now searches for your network to recheck if any printer is already connected. Select the [Setting printer could not be found on the list] and then click Next
- Now the Canon printer setup will start
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Click [Cableless setup].
- When a screen appears, hold down the Wi-Fi button until you find the orange lamp flashes two times then release it after the second flash and click Next
- The blue lamp will now flash quickly and the green one will lit, click Next
- “Setting up. Network connection is temporarily disabled during setup. Please wait.”-the message will appear on-screen
- Once the action is over, click Next
- Now click your region and click Next
- Now select your language and click Next
- Then click Yes
- Next, the software will install
- Click on Redetect
- Click Complete
Now to complete the Canon Printer Setup process, click Exit.
If you are still unable to do the installation process of your Canon printer, please tell us in the comment section below. We will surely get back to you.