Have you bumped into the msvcp140.dll missing error while opening some software application on your computer? Well, this is not something unusual with the Windows Computer users. Often the Windows Operating system users can’t run a particular app or a game on their PC because of the missing DLL files. But if you are facing the same let us tell you that you are in the right place. Here we are going to give you some easy fixes for the msvcp140.dll missing error.
Error Messages Related To Missing msvcp140.dll Files
Users get different error messages on different occasions when they face the msvcp140.dll missing error on their Windows Computer.
‘The program can’t start because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer’
‘There was a problem starting msvcp140.dll’
‘Error loading msvcp140.dll’
‘Msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error’
Have you got smashed with one of the above-mentioned error messages? Here are the fixes you can try for that.
How To Fix MSVCP140.dll Missing Error?
There are several ways you can fix this issue, and we have discussed some of the best for you right here.
Restart Both The Program And Your Computer
Whenever you face this kind of error when running some specific program on your computer the first thing you should try is to restart the particular program. And if you find the error is flashing again then you must restart your computer. To restart your computer,
- Press The Windows Start Button on Your Keyboard
- At the Right Hand Side, there is Shut Down Option. Click on the Arrow beside that
- Finally, Select the Restart option from the list.
This will restart your computer. Now after restarting your computer try to open the program once again and verify whether the error message pops back.
Problem not solved yet? Well, we have some other solution as well for you. The issue can arise due to some missing or corrupted system files. Just have a look whether your PC’s system files are ok or not? Simply, Run SFC /ScanNow and check for missing or corrupted system files.
Run SFC / SCANNOW
- First, Press the Windows Key from the Keyboard
- Now Type cmd and right click on the ‘Command Prompt’
- Then Click on Run as Administrator
- Click Yes
- Then Type SFC /SCANNOW and hit the Enter button
- Now you need to wait a few minutes to complete the process
After completion of the whole process, you will get the report. Some of the system files will be repaired by the System File Checker Console itself. And some of which are not fixed yet will be shown in the report. You need to correct them manually to fix the error.
Still facing the problem? Follow other solutions as well.
Install Windows Update
You must keep your Windows PC updated with the latest version to stay away from all the errors like msvcp140.dll missing error and others. Follow the steps below to update your Windows Operating System.
- Firstly, Open the Windows Start Menu
- Then Go to Settings from there
- Now Open Update and Security
- Then Select Windows Update there
- Now Click on Check For Updates Option
Windows will check for the update now and it will download and install it automatically. Usually, the problem gets fixed after installing the Windows Update. But in this case, if you are still facing the problem no need to panic. We have some other solutions for you. Just scroll through to find more solution to your msvcp140.dll missing error.
Download and Install msvcp140.dll File
The DLL stands for Dynamic Link Libraries. This is one of the most essential files from Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015 Library. There are many applications which are developed using Visual C++ when you try to run such applications with a missing msvcp140.dll you will get the error messages we have mentioned earlier. You can easily download the file by following our guide here,
- First Visit the web address: https://www.dllme.com/dll/download/29970/msvcp140.dll
- Now Click on the Download button
- Then you need to fill the captcha to prove yourself a human
- Now you will get a link to download the file
- Click on the link and download the file on your computer
- Then Go to the folder where you downloaded the file
- Now Copy the file
- Then Go to C>Windows>System32 folder
- Finally, Move the file you have downloaded to the mentioned folder
You can get the msvcp14.dll from the official Microsoft Website as well.
Anyway, Guys! After following all the solution above the problem should not bother you anymore. But if you still facing some error on your Windows Computer you can let us know through the comment box here. We will try our best to offer you a solution. We pay equal attention to help you resolve other complicated system error and more.