While connecting office network to a wireless client, you may face the wireless connection. But, there is nothing to worry ass I have provided some of the easy and simple steps to resolve this issue.
I have mentioned the steps in such a way that even if face problem connecting the tablet, smartphone or any other WiFi Client device to an office wireless connection.
Step by Step Process to Resolve Wireless Connection Error
Check Wireless Adapter:
You must check the client’s WiFi Adapter that is used for networking troubleshooting, just make sure that it is enabled and is ready to be connected.
- Got to Control Panel > Network Connections > Choose Wireless Network Adapter
- Now, just see if it is enabled.
- If it is not enabled, right click on it and enable the option.
- Go to settings and make sure that the device is not in Airplane mode.
- Turn on the WiFi and then try to connect.
Android users must also make sure that the phone is not in Airplane mode. Immediately disable the airplane mode if you find it enabled. Finally, try to connect to the WiFi.
Make Use of Command Prompt:
Go to the Wireless Client’s Start menu and run the Command Prompt. Use it to ping your router’s IP Address.
If you are able to check the ping of your router, then check the ping of any other Wireless LAN that you would wish to share your printer or files with.
Check Security Mismatch:
If a connected router or wireless client can hear each other but are unable to exchange traffic, you must check for a security mismatch.
The client should support the security mode required by your router. The client and router should consist of the same keys to encrypt traffic between them.
You can compare the client’s wireless connection properties with the router’s WLAN security settings in order to match them.
How To Check Security Mismatch:
- If your router uses WPA Personal, change the client’s authentication to WPA-PSK.
- After that, match the type of encryption. Enter the same phase on both devices.
- Now, if your router uses WEP, change the encryption of client to WEP and match the type of authentication. If needed, you can translate from ASCII to hex.
- What if your router uses WPA2-Enterprise or WPA? In that case, change the client’s authentication to WPA2-Enterprise or WPA respectively.
- Match their encryption type just like you did in the previous steps.
Check the LAN and WAN Connections:
Usually, people overlook the importance of physical connections. But, I think you should also keep a check on the Ethernet cables. Make sure that the cables are tight and LEDs show a green signal at both the ends.
If you fail to find the green LED, swap the Ethernet cables to ignore damaged or corrupted cable.
So, these are the easiest networking solutions to resolve the wireless connection problems. Yes, it’s true that you may ace a little difficulty as these are technical. In that case, you must get some professional help like the Best Networking Solution in Dubai. They have the well-trained team of technicians who can fix any network problem.